Thursday, December 2, 2010

My humble hubby

That is my finger poking thru the bottom of Teki's work boots.


If you know Teki, you should know that he is a simple man. He doesnt ask for much and he his needs AND wants are super duper minimal. But leave it to me to minimize them even MORE.
Teki has been complaing for a while about his work boots, saying that his socks get wet all the time and that he needs new boots. Every check, I find something else to spend money on and he just sits back and lets me use all his money on waste time stuff. When he asks if there is any money left over for some boots for him for work I tell him "NO! Next check", and it's been "next check" for a few months now.
I have been gone all day long just running around with a cousin. Finally I come home and there is a huge box in the livingroom....YAY!!! It's my new boots that I ordered online during Cyber Monday. Opened up the box, hecka happy and excited. Put em on and strut around the house with em on. I look back at him and he's sitting on a couch, holding the baby and I notice that he looks a little tired and flustered cuz he's been home with all our kids all day. I ask "do you like em?" and he nods "yeah, they look really good". It never EVER crosses my mind that he asked for new work boots during the summer. Finally he asks Liz to go and get his work boots. He grabs em and says, "look babe" and I turn around and he sticks his finger thru the boots. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN I felt like a freaken A-HOLE!! LOL.
This guy is SOOO HUMBLE and kind. He has been lining his boots with plastic shopping bags during this fall and winter weather to stop the rain and snow from getting into his boots, which by the way never works cuz his socks get wet all the time....and I dont know why wet socks didnt make me realize how seriously broken his work boots were. But that is just the kind of person he is. He will just sit back and let me blow money on whatever the hell I want to while he goes to work in wet, holey boots. I love this man of mine!!! He's seriously the best.
So, right now he is at the store looking for some new work boots. My cyber monday "deal" was 55 bucks for the boots I got and he just called and asked if he can buy the 27 dollar boots cuz the 20 dollar ones are too thin!!! THIS GUY...I'm telling you, he is seriously killing me with kindness!!!! If it sounds like I'm braggin about him...I AM!! :) He's too kind...but that's not good for me cuz I'll end up running this guys into the ground. LOL. I love how he will do ANYTHING to make me happy, even if it means letting me get expensive waste time boots instead of warm functioning work boots for him. I HELLA LOVE HIM!!
These are the boots that I ordered....and I freaken LOVE EM!!! :) Thanks babe. Yer the best!!!

8 comments:

  1. Bets. you are a freakin A HOLE! hahahaha.. JK JK JK.. man, I've only met Teki that one time when we ran up the hill and did our challenge and he was the bomb.com.. im glad he's getting him boots, because if he wasn't, i was going to send him some! lol.. what a sweetheart..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meanest Wife in the WORLD!! Can you read this part to Teki : Cuzz please leave your wife, she's a batch!!! ok thanks that's all....LMBO jk hahaha Man your hubby really is THEEEEE most sweetest or theeee most dumbest ever :) BUT he is sprung and waaay inlove so it doesn't matter!! I'm glad he got some new boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...KASS...OMG, I hecaka know. I'm working on it!! But yes...he is a super sweetheart. I really lucked out.

    ANNA...hahahaha...shut up...you remind me of me!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol @ Kass & Anna........Dang girl, Dang.........that's all I got to say.....hahaha what a sweet and PATIENT guy u got there......glad he FINALLY got himself some work boots, you witch.....j/k....haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. . . .poor Teki!! But I do LOVE your boots!! Way 2 catch it on CYBER MONDAY!! :D I'm gonna follow in your footsteps & shop online cause BLACK FRIDAY was exactly what it's called!! BLACK!! Hahaha. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freakin rollin at the A-Hole part and at what Anna replied! I was thinking at the beginning, Etu and Teki are a lot alike with being simple until you got to you buying you boots first lol. You are spoiled because if I left Etu with the kids at that young age to go with cousins or even his own sisters, he would be blowing up my phone for me to come home already LoL. Hey, at least you acknowlege how you are and don't try to be in denial about it ha ha Tell me why I got a little emotional on the part you wrote about when he had to put trash bags in his shoes lol hormones I guess! Teki's the man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bets u are flippin hilarious! can u stop being a a hole get the man some boots.. I mean the plastic bag thing? can it get any sadder JERK I tell ya ha ha Tekis so awesome glad u have have him to support ur shoe buyin self lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betsy what a humble hubby u have!!! glad he finally got boots =)

    ReplyDelete