Thursday, January 6, 2011

Big Buddah's Body Transformation Challenge




Whew...I'm so glad that Fox 13 named their challenge an easy non tounge twister name...sheeesh...you mite freak around and cuss, saying the name of the challenge. None the less...that is the name. The goal...DUH!! If it's not obvious from the name then you're slow. It's to see who can transform their body the most, in 12 weeks.

So, I was sitting in bed...maybe eating a donut, maybe chips, who knows....and Big Buddah from Fox 13 comes on and is advertising a challenge. To apply, he says, hop online at fox13now.com and fill out the application. I thought...what the heck....why not? I put the donut, or chips or whatever healthy snack it is I was eating and hop online. The application is pretty simple and clear cut. Name, address, age and weight and then you have to submit a recent picture and a little essay on why you should be chosen. Hmmm...why should I be chosen....*LIGHT BULB* So the title of my essay, "Choose me because I'm fat"....I mean...why else would you choose me. Your not gonna choose me because I'm skinny...geeez. So I write a little simple essay on me and my life in a nutshell and I submit it.

The page rules said that if we were to be chosen, that we would know by Dec 30, 2010 at 5pm. I applied Dec 26 and the 30th comes and 5pm comes.....and goes. And I figure, ah what the hell...I'm still gonna go on a diet cuz that's been my new years resolution for 15 years now, why break tradition. I'm a little bitter that I didnt get picked but WHAT EVER!!

So, the new year comes and I still have dieting at the top of my resolution list. Just because it's at the top, doesnt mean it gets the most attention because like the past 15 years....that resolution starts on the 1st and ends on the 3rd....but that's for another blog. So, I'm sitting on the phone with my mom and the other line rings. I dont know the number so I dont click over, I continue talking to my mom. After my conversation with mom I notice I got a voice mail from that missed call. I check and low and behold...ITS FOX 13!!! The lady from marketing and programs director calls and leaves a message for me to call her back. Even tho the deadline has passed I'm still very very excited to see what she has to say, even if it IS to tell me that I didn't make it. I call her back and she appologizes because she didnt know that her dead line to call the contestants was on the 30th. She informs me that I have been chosen and that I need to be at Gold's Gym the next day at 10:30am for a live show at 11am....AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited at this point.

I am sooo excited to start this BODY TRANSFORMATION. So it includes 12 weeks with a personal trainer and a 6 month membership to Gold's Gym. I am excited and grateful that my new years resolution wont end on the 3rd and will actually go until April, hopefully longer. I'm going to use this opportunity to learn what I can about how my body works and workouts that work for me. They will also help me with meal plans, which is a big issue with me. I like every thing dipped in butter and deep fried in mayo....sooo yeah. You can imagine how I got this hot bod that I have right now.

I do have 1 worry....getting pregnant...ugh. Well, not ugh, but hooiii!! 5 years ago I wouldn't have this complaint because until 5 years ago, we didnt even know we can get pregnant. But now that I know that when I lose weight I get pregnant, I dont wanna get pregnant during this body transformation period. I have no insurance and so yeah...I guess we'll be spending a lot of money on condoms!! HA HA HA.....

I will be blogging weekly about my journey to a healthy me and I will share techniques that mite help ya'll and meals that ya'll mite enjoy. Thanks for all the support out there. I will definitely need it :)

HERE'S TO A NEW YEAR AND AND NEW ME!!!

9 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! Just the title of your essay probably caught their attention. Can you post it, so we can read your winning essay? I am so jealous and happy for you! Congratulations again and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled to ur blog while blog stalking..hahaha Congrats to you!! My husband did Budah's challenge last year and won. It was such an awesome experience for him and he totally learned alot. I know you can do it too and I will be rootin for you and your team. Hope you don't mind my following your blog. I'm totally inspired by all who are wanting change their way of life.. Yep, ur essay title would have gotten my attention too..LOL they totally picked a winner.. Good luck and have fun!!!. Oops...sorry for the novel..Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Betsy!!! You'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support T Fam and Siu.

    Cia, I will see if I can go and copy and paste my essay. I'm not sure if it's still available online. If not, its cool. It wasnt anything extravagant. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news Betsy!!!! I'm sure it wasn't just the title that caught their attention. You are a great writer! I love reading your blogs. Good luck girl!!! Have fun and do share any tips~

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Thanks for the great laugh =) CONGRATULATIONS! They would be missing out on heaps of personality if they didn't choose you shoot. I wish I could have caught that newscast when you were on but I had to work. Good luck, I know you can do it! GO Team BETSY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo!! GOOOO BETSY!! I'm so EXCITED for you!! Congrats on the win & for stepping up & making the right decision to make the change. Everyone deserves to be as healthy as they can be!! :D I look forward to your weekly updates. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. CHAHOOOO BETSY!!!TEAM BETSY!!! ALL THE WAY!! U GOT THIS GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete