Monday, October 26, 2009

Impromptu FHE with the Lao's

Teki and I were planning on have FHE tonight here at our house with just our kids. We were going to go to Gardner Village but the weather didn't look to promising so we switched things up and planned on carving pumpkins at home and making yummy home made candy apples. Then Liti came over to get some cream of mushroom soup to make dinner and so I suggested that we have FHE over at her house with Bruce and Nia and Kime and Pua. It turned out to be soooooo goood and soooo fun with tons of food!! I was surprised how good it turned out because it was so last minute but one thing I have learned about Teki's family is that they don't do to well with things that are planned. LOL....seriously though, we can plan our little hearts out and at the last minute, things will fall thru or not go as planned but when something is thrown together last minute, it runs so smoothly.

I made some enchilada's, Liti made the most bomb pork chops and Pua made some sloppy joes and fajita's....and Nia (poor thing), it is her birthday tomorrow and so we told her that we will also celebrate her birthday tonight but we made her bring her own birthday cake and ice cream...hahahahaha...who does that? I guess we do that!!! LOL. We bought some pumpkin carving books and tools and the kids stared them and the adults finished em!! hahaha....the adults were more into it then the kids. Then we made some home made caramel apples and I must say, I have never tasted a better candy apple then the one I made for myself....dude, ya'll shoulda seen me...GRRRRRUUUUUBIN!!! LOL..it was sooo good.

I just love spending time with family and friends. It gives us time to bond and talk and get to know eachother more and appreciate everyone more. My sister Karma that lives in San Jose, Ca is coming this thrusday and I can't wait to do the same things with her this weekend...I'll let ya'll know how that goes!! Weeelll...g'nite!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!! I definitely agree that it's always a GREAT time when getting 2gether w/families & friends. :D And homemade candy apples are the BEST!! We had some @ our Halloween party & you shoulda seen us GRRRRUUUUUBIN!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN BETSY!!! NEXT TIME CAN I BE INVITED? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Thats sounds so fun!!! Im glad that last minute things works perfect for you guys!! Most cases that would cause a headache!! So I hear your candy apples are to die for so i thought we could make you a deal... Let me know what you think.... Your candy apples for my curry!?!?!LOL!! If your answer is No, then think about this... Your candy apples for a free babysitter ONE NIGHT ONLY!! If your answer is still No then I dont really care cause I still want some candy apples!!!LOL!! Your such a fun and energetic person to be around!! If I were in the Lao family I wouldnt mind last minute activities either if I knew your were going to be there to bring the party!!!LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool...i'm glad it went well! our family is last minute..wait maybe that's juss me!! haha but if it works, it works :) What did u put on ur caramel apple?

    ReplyDelete
  5. On mine? I put toffee bits (YUMMY) crushed walnuts and almond slices...couln't really taste the almond slices so I'll prolly forgoe it next time but the toffee bits and crushed walnuts were off the hinges mah ninges!!! Hella bomb...but the kids put the cake sprinkles...it was a hit for them...prolly just cuz of the pretty colors. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, sounds delicious. I think I'll do that sometime this week. And yes Anna it is just you...lol! Wait it's Eta too...hahaha

    ReplyDelete