Thursday, October 29, 2009

Growing up Gotti....Lao style!!

Sooooooooooooooooo...we've been putting off getting a training bra for Liz for a while now because of 2 reasons. First, we don't wanna face the reality that she is getting older and second, we don't wanna face the fact that she is getting fatter...hahaha...no kidding. But for reals tho...isn't that sorta a young age to get a training bra...she is only 8 years old. LOL. I told Teki, that I swear, if she wasn't so feti we wouldn't be having to get one so soon. But I guess me and Teki are to blame for that....well, partly us, the other part I'm going to blame on genetics....oh crap...we'd be partly to blame for that too....so let's just blame it on the rain!



Aaeeeeeeeeeeeenyways......so we bought her a little training bra. I was a little excited to show her and explain to her how to use it because this will be my very first "girl talk" with her. This talk will prepare me for the many "talks" to come....period's, boyfriends, kissing...you know...the works!! So she comes home and I tell her I have a "surprise" for her, another sidenote...I know I've had a lot in this blog...I feel all over the place with this blog...sorry....sidenote:everything and anything we buy her, she LOVES to get it as a "surprise". LOL..so like if we buy her a toothbrush, instead of saying we bought you a toothbrush, we say, "we got you a surprise"...with EVERYTHING...even candy...eeeeeverything......OMG....so where was I...Okay, yeah. So I tell her that we got her a surprise and she automatically closes her eyes and holds out her hand and I drop the training bra into her palm. She open's her eyes nice and wide, with a huge smile on her face, as she always does and asks, "what is it?". Iiiiiiit's....a training bra!!!!! "Huh??". Then her dad, from the side (cuz I didn't think he'd make it thru this experience cuz she will FOREVER be his little girl) it's for your tata's.
Liz: Ewwee...so it's a bra?

Me: yeah, sort of. It's supposed to help train you how to use a bra for when you get older. You usually have to wear one when you start to have boobs and GIRL, yer starting to have boobs.


Teki: Yeah, everyone who has boobs has to wear one.


Liz: Cooooool, so you and mom have to wear one.


Me: No, just girls.


Liz: But dad has


Me: (before Liz could finish) FOR GIRLS!!!!


Liz: Oooooh...COOOOL!!!


So we put it on. As soon as the bra went on I felt like she was already lost to the world!! It's all down hill from here, next she's gonna be talking about boys, then kissing em, then HOLY HELL!!!......Please grant me the strength to raise kids in this evil world!!! LOL. I can't believe that we are at this point in her life already. I swear she just got outta diapers like....last week!! Where has the time flown too, cuz I wanna book the next flight there. Liz, on the other hand, looooooooooooves her new waredrobe addition. She said it feels weird but she likes it and she feels like she can "work better in it", cuz we were cleaning house when she put it on. HA!! That will all change when she's older. For now, we'll just enjoy watching her grow up...now I realize, like really really realize, how fast she is growing. I love how Teki handled the situation. He did very well. Just kept quiet and watched us take
care of business. He'll have to prepare himself for the BIG talk about the birds and the bees!!
Our BIG little girl!!
Elizabeth D'Vani Lao





















11 comments:

  1. hey, she already had her first kiss remember? like lorenzo snitched: "mom, liz kissed...with tauwee...in the closet...on the lips...two times!"

    awwwww, my liz has tata's LOL at Teki.
    Time sure does fly...

    love this blog...so not all over the place cause I could hear you saying it as I read.

    LOOOOOVES

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Betsy!! Don't even worry about her being 8! Cuz that's when I gave Ariana one. I think kids nowadays are developing a lot younger, and they say it's because of the way our children eat??..So don't feel like she's fat, she's just growing :) haha I couldn't stop laughing at your guys convo with her about the bra situation!! Good job for not letting Liz finish her sentence! bwahhaha! I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THANKS FOR THE REMINDER THAT I WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS TIMES THREES AWESOME!! I DONT THINK LU WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT PERIOD GREAT JOB TEKI!!! WELCOME TO THE BIG GIRLS CLUB LIZ LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aweeee! Betsi! I LOVE LOVe how well you tell stories! And im so rolling at Elizabeth's innocent cute funny comments! That is too funny! I still remember when she was like "so, what do you hypothesize she will be when she grows up?" omg! she melts me heart betsi! good job to you at yet another mildstone in childraising. your such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was freakin hilarious! You two are great parents and humor always makes light of a situation that we'd otherwise stress over. Teki, you set yourself up for that one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha!! So so FUNNY!! The 'let's blame it on the rain' part cause I've been blaming it on the rain since my Aaliyah got her 1st bra. And not even 4rom me. I have the BEST sister inlaws EVERRR & they got it 4 her so I didn't even have 2 have the talk w/her either. :D They took care of all that!! :D Flippin' so GRATEFUL that you got a blog cause you keep me ROLLIN' on a daily!! Love you tons Bets!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Betsy.... We are on that same road too. So how bout I was in denial that my oldest was getting to that point. So guess what?! My sister in law bought the training bra.... HAHAHA.

    You hecka had me rolling! Freakin hilarious. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bets ur the funniest blogger alive lol ur daughter is so beautiful, leave dex alone ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha. HILARIOUS! Great blog! Especially the dad wearing a bra too. lol. GLAD to see you blogging. After I knock some kids out, I'm definitely going to be catching up!!! and great job on introducing the "bra". I can't wait for future blogs about future "talks". So I can bite off them:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bets, you ARE an awesome blogger. Love this topic. I don't have kids and I don't know if I'll EVER have kids, but thanks to you and your blogging skills I can FEEL like I've had the experiences. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha. She kills me. What a doll. Some kids just mature faster. I needed a bra in the 3rd grade, but I wasn't mature enough not to pull up my shirt and show my older brothers (and whoever else I thought might be impressed with my new duds) "what I got." Needless to say, they weren't impressed. So at least she seems to be handling the addition like a little lady. She's super, duper cute!

    ReplyDelete