Thursday, November 26, 2009

Elizabeth D'Vani Lao....the next ANTM!!!

That's right...I said it...My baby is gonna be America's Next Top Model!! hahaha..she was in a Keiki Pageant last Friday and SHE WON!!!! Well, to be fair to all the other lovely contestants, it was a popularity contest....meaning that the girl selling the most tickets WINS!! hahaha....whew...good thing too, cuz my daughter has 2 left feet and is clumsy as hell. So choosing a winner any other way would have screwed any chances we had of winning!! hahaha.... So, I got my game face on and I hella got my hustle on and sold her 101 tickets. She won by a landslide thanks to friends and family who supported and helped buy tickets even tho they knew they couldnt make it. Liz had the time of her life and wants to do it again. We will definetly have to refine our dancing and waving skills before we enter into any other pageants. Although, I must say; for having 2 left feet, Liz did pretty dang good on her talent.

My mother in law worked all nite and all day to put together her "ethnic" wear and I helped make her talent costume. My sister in laws Liti, Nia and Tai helped teach her a routine to a fast tahitian beat and that was her talent. I was sooooooo broke, so I borrowed a dress from my cuzzin....I aint got no kinda shame, shoooot....She wasnt gonna wear the formal dress all the time so it was a waste of money to me to get her a formal dress.
Anyways, just wanted to come and post some pix on here from the pageant and tell eveyone thanks for the support.



5 comments:

  1. Too cute. Way to go Liz. And way to go Betsy for hustling and doing all you can to support your daughter. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's too cute Betsy!! :) Way to go Liz... xoxo Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu go Betsy congrats Liz.... She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right on.... Congrats to Liz! She's so cute, and getting so big!! I can just see you screaming to the top of your lungs cheering for your little girl...that's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hella late on this post...CONGRATS again LIZ!!!! We love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete