Friday, November 12, 2010

Be careful what you wish for...

This baby birth has the been the most different. My first birth was a sad one. No cry after I gave birth, no diaper changes, no baby to take home. All in all a very very sad experience. My second birth was a scary one. We went in for a routine check up and they discovered that he was in fetal distress and so he was an emergency C-section. As soon as they pulled him out, he was rushed to NICU. I didn't get to hear him cry. I didnt get to hold him and didnt even get to see him until I left the OR. He was in NICU for 4 weeks and the whole time I had to pump for him and they fed him thru a tube, then thru a bottle. By the time he came home he was used to the bottle and so breast feeding was a challenge. I breastfed him for about 2 weeks after he came outta NICE and then we were stricktly bottle.

When I had this new baby, she was a healthy baby. We heard her 1st cry, we were able to see her right away and also hold her as soon as she was cleaned off. It was so special to go thru that. So I vowed that I would breast feed her for at least 12 months, since everything was on track. After about 3 weeks of getting up to feed her every 3 to 4 hours, I WAS DONE!!! I couldn't imagine doing that for a whole year. I told Teki, "I wish that you could do this. This is the most annoying thing ever. I am tired, I'm soaked every freaken morning and I'm tired of this. I don't wanna do this anymore". I put her on a bottle. We switched every other feeding between the boop and the bottle. Then it was 2 bottle feedings then the boob. Then it went to bottle feedings all day and just give her the boob at nite when we were in bed. Before I knew it, my milk supply is almost non exsistant. NOW, nooooow I wanna breast feed all day but there is nothing there. She sucks and sucks and sucks and only gets a little bit of milk. I feel bad cuz I know she is starving but because I am not REALLY ready to let go of that part of our bonding, I make her stay on the boob and suck. So basically she is sucking for free...what else is that called....oh yeah-child molestation!! LOL.

So, I decided that I will take her off the boob :( I wish that I kept her on the boob and stuck it out. I guess that's what I get for being selfish. I am so sad that I am closing this part of mtoherhood and our bonding. But I guess I just need to be careful what I wish for, cuz it'll come back and bite me in the ass!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, don't ever child molestation.....Betsy you totally crack me up!

    You have gone through a lot, you're one tough chick...I'm so glad little Ailine is healthy and strong. She's so beautiful! <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny. If you want to get your milk supply going again, did you try pumping like every half hour for a few days? just to get your body going? Also make sure you eat a lot because if you're not eating, you're not going to make milk momma :) I kind of dried up in a little spell and started pumping even when Toa wasnt eating just to get my body used to making milk and waaa laaaa, it worked. Just a suggestion.. xoxox..

    PS, I wish Ray could breast feed too, he asked how it felt so I stuck the pump on HIS nipple and he didnt even last through one full pump.. hahaha.. BIG FOR NOTHING I TELL YA. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL@the comment above and her husband's breast feeding experience.
    Betsy, I heard that there are meds for increasing your milk supply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogs...lol. With everyone of my children, I was only able to breast feed for 3 months and then it dried up. No warning, no slow dripping, just gone. lol, and I always missed the bonding moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so I wrote a long ole thing, and I accidentally deleted something, anywho I'm so glad you are blogging again. LMBO at molestation!!! ahhhh u crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete