Friday, November 12, 2010

Liz's BIG adventure!!

Today we decided to let Liz fly by herself to San Jose. We were all supposed to go today. My brother who coaches football up at Utah State University, up in Logan, is playing San Jose State tomorrow, so we all decided to go up there and watch the game. This is only possible cuz Teki works for Delta, so we fly for free and my mom and sister live out in San Jose, so we have a ride and a place to stay. If not for those things, we woulda been rooting from home cuz we are BUTT BROKE!! Anyways, we were all supposed to go today but a dear friend of mine had a baby shower today that I really really wanted to go to, so we decided it was time we sent Liz on her own and see how she does.


Liz was SOOO excited, needless to say, but me and Teki were over here sweating balls. Although, she is probably the most book smarts girl we know, her street smarts or street credibility is NO BUENO!! She will freak around and get her butt kidnapped. But we need to learn to let go and let her learn and live and experience life. So far, we have sheltered her so bad but she is getting older now and we realize that she neeeds to, as Mariah Carey says "Spread her wings and beging to fly" (Butterfly song). So Teki takes her to the airport and fills out the paperwork needed because she is an "unaccompanied minor" and she is off :) Teki gave her his cell phone so that she can call us as soon as she touches ground and as soon as my mom picks her up. While at Walmart, I get a text from Teki's phone; "I'm in California". I just had to laugh so hard. She is such a texter, ALREADY!! I tried calling but she didnt answer, just another text; "I am waiting for grandma". LOL.


So, I guess that I can breath a little easy knowing that has a little streed cred!!! LOL....she aight. She aint gangsta like me, but she is getting there. Before we know it, we will be sending her all over America to "pick something up from so&so". If yer poly, you know what I'm talking about!! hahaha...Me and the other 2 kids will join her tomorrow, right before the game starts. We will cheer out little hearts out for the Utah State AGGIES!!! WOOT WOOT!!!


My little girl is growing TOO FAST!!
ps. its been a while since I've blogged and I've found a few blogs that I wanna follow...can someone please tell me how to follow these blogs...thanks!! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, not surprised that she made it all on her own! She is so smart and heck LOL@her not answering and texting back :D

    And to follow blogs, from what I know on your dashboard page there should be a tab that says "blogs I'm following" and than there should be like a "Add" tab at the bottom and you just have to copy the URL address of the blog that you want to follow and than click on that add and wah lah, or you can just click on the follow tab on the blog's page. I think. Hope that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww she's soo G cuz there is NO WAY Ariana would get on a plane alone! Good job Liz!! :) I'll have to show u cause I'm not great at explaining things..so come over or I'll come over there. :)

    ReplyDelete